Flu season is coming, are you ready?
- The Flucelvax quadrivalent flu vaccine — free from egg/chicken derivatives and preservatives — will be available at participating, county-coordinated locations from September 10 — October 25. Click here for the event schedule
- Vaccinations are administered on a first-come, first-served basis. No appointments necessary.
- Flu vaccinations are also available in the Employee Wellness Clinic from September 11 — October 31 for Harris County employees on Harris County insurance (Cigna). No appointments necessary.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- Full-time Harris County employees, retirees and spouses covered on Harris County insurance (Cigna)
- Full-time Harris County employees still within their benefits waiting period
You are unable to receive a flu shot at an onsite Harris County flu event if you meet any of the below critera. It is recommended that you visit your primary care physician to be vaccinated:
- Under 18 years of age
- People who have had a previous reaction to the flu vaccine
- People who are ill or have had a fever in the last 72 hours
- People who have Guillian-Barre Syndrome
- People who are sensitive to latex
- Harris County employees, retirees and spouses covered on Harris County insurance — please bring driver’s license & Cigna insurance card
- Harris County retirees on Medicare — please bring driver's license & Medicare card
- Full-time Harris County employees still within their benefits waiting period — please bring driver’s license & Employee ID number
- The vaccination is NOT available for purchase by check, cash or credit
SPEED UP THE PROCESS!
- Read the Flu Vaccine Information Statement so you will be informed of the vaccine's risks and benefits
- Print the Texas Department of State Health Services Flu Consent form, fill it out and bring it with you to keep the line moving quickly!
No appointments necessary!
Completion of a seasonal flu vaccination fulfills one YOUR CHOICE action for the 2019-20 Healthy Actions Medical Plan criteria, as long as you receive it before October 31, 2018. Click here to learn more.
*Onsite vaccinations are provided as a benefit and convenience to Harris County employees.
Participation is not mandatory. You may visit an in-network (Cigna) provider of your choice to receive a flu shot.
For questions about your health plan, call a Cigna representative at 1-800-244-6224.