Onsite Vaccinations, 2017
What is provided?
- The 2017-18 seasonal flu vaccination will be available at participating, County-coordinated locations from October 2 - 31, 2017.
- The quadrivalent vaccine is delivered intramuscularly.
Where can I receive a seasonal flu vaccination?
- Onsite flu vaccination events will be taking place across Harris County. Click here for the current schedule!
- Vaccinations are administered on a first-come, first-served basis. No appointments necessary.
- Flu vaccinations are also available in the Employee Wellness Clinic beginning September 14 for Harris County Medical Plan members. No appointment is necessary.
Who is eligible for the vaccination?
- Members covered by the Harris County Medical Plan (Cigna) - Employees, retirees and covered spouses (18 years and older) are eligible for a FREE seasonal flu vaccination.
- Full-time Harris County employees still within their benefits waiting period are also eligible for a FREE seasonal flu vaccination.
Who is NOT eligible for the vaccination?
Employees that fall into one of the following groups are not able to receive a flu shot. It is recommended that members falling into one of these groups visit their primary care physician to be vaccinated:
- Those with a severe chicken feather or egg allergy
- Those allergic to thimerosal
- Those who have had a previous reaction to the flu vaccine
- Those under the age of 18
- Those with an illness and/or fever at the time of vaccination
- Other medical conditions may preclude persons from receiving vaccination (as noted on the consent form)
What do I need to bring with me?
- Members covered by the Harris County Medical Plan (Cigna) - Please bring your Cigna insurance card with you.
- Full-time Harris County employees still within their benefits waiting period - Please bring your County badge and provide your employee ID (payroll number).
- The vaccination is NOT available for purchase by check, cash or credit.
No appointments necessary!
**Onsite vaccinations are provided as a benefit and convenience to Harris County employees. Participation is not mandatory and you may receive vaccinations with an in-network (Cigna) provider of your choosing. For questions about your health plan, call an Cigna Onsite Representative at 713-274-5500, Option 1.
Earn HAMP credit for 2018-19!
Completion of a seasonal flu vaccination fulfills 1 CHOOSE action for the 2018-19 Healthy Actions Medical Plan criteria. Click here to learn more.